Monday, March 20, 2006, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Campus Center, Odeum (top level)
100 Institute Road
Please check this Web site for regular updates.
Presented by the WPI Bioengineering Institute, the Corporate Forum will provide wide-ranging perspectives on the current state of the industry, its future, and how companies, universities, and government can better work together to meet upcoming research and development needs. These themes will be addressed by government and industry association officials during keynote and plenary comments.
- Keynote Speaker: James P. McGovern, Congressman, Mass. 3rd District
- Plenary Speakers: Laura Allen, MassMEDIC; Thomas M. Finneran, Massachusetts Biotechnology Council
In addition, research and development executives will explore these themes during several lively roundtable discussions and panel presentations. Leaders from more than a half dozen life science and biotechnology companies, including Charles River Labs, ECI Biotech, Nomir Medical Technologies, and Genzyme Genetics, will each address three questions from his/her company's perspective:
- What are the biggest challenges and opportunities facing your organization in the next five years?
- What type of university research capability/expertise would be most sought after/valued for potential R&D collaboration?
- What kinds of human capital and skills does your organization need to meet its future goals?
Networking opportunities are built into the program, allowing attendees to interact during the catered lunch, breaks, and post-event reception.
Registration will close March 15. There will be no cost to attendees.
Please contact Mary Centrella at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 508-831-6024.Maintained by email@example.com
Last modified: Feb 14, 2006, 11:29 EST