George C. Gordon Library
Gordon Library, was completed in 1967 using a major portion of a $5 million bequest from George Gordon, a Cleveland industrialist and a member of WPI's Class of 1895. Designed to fit this steep hillside, the building contains a host of resources and facilities, including audio-visual viewing areas, music listening rooms, a gallery for art exhibits, and rooms for meetings and conferences.
In addition to some 250,000 bound volumes and more than 1,200 journals, the Gordon Library offers researchers a host of electronic information resources. Its on-line library system makes the library's catalog and a wide range of databases and other resources available around the clock over the Internet. WPI students may borrow books from the libraries of the schools in the Colleges of Worcester Consortium or get materials from libraries all over the Northeast through interlibrary loan.