Adding Content Areas (Buttons/Menu Items)
The Content Areas are used for posting content and file attachments directly into a myWPI Web site. Please note that an empty content area will not be shown to students viewing the site.
Content types used in myWPI:
- Plain text and HTML (posted directly into the course Web site)
- Uploaded files (such as .doc, .pdf, .ppt)
- Image files (such as .gif and .jpg)
- Web links
- Tests and Surveys
- Learning Units (to organize existing content into modules or show a photo gallery)
- Folders (Used to organize Items and other content)
Typical Content Folder Names: Course Materials, Assignments, Lectures
- Click Edit Mode in the top right of your screen to access your site in Edit Mode.
- Look at the sidebar above the Control Panel. You'll see your existing Content Areas and several tools underneath your course's name.
- Move your curse onto the "+" in the upper-left of the sidebar to open a dropdown menu, then click on Create Content Area.
- Type in the name of the Content Area and indicate whether or not you want users to be able to see the Content Area in their sidebar. Without the checkbox marked, you will only be able to see the Content Area when Edit Mode is set to On.
An empty Content Area will not appear to students. If you want the Content Area to appear, you will have to add an item to the area. To do this, navigate to the new area by clicking on it in the sidebar, and follow the instructions to add an item here.
Last modified: Sep 26, 2012, 10:54 EDT