Network Drive Mapping On Campus (Macintosh OS X)
Who should use this page?
This page is designed to be used by people who need to map their network drive with a Macintosh on the campus network when using OS X.
Mapping a Network Drive
- In Finder, select Go, then pick Connect to Server...
- Enter smb://driveaddress.wpi.edu and click Connect.
- smb://filer.wpi.edu/home (your Filer drive)
- smb://shares.wpi.edu/applications/Macintosh (Macintosh software downloads)
- Enter the domain (ADMIN) in the Workgroup or Domain field, your username in the Name field, and your Windows password in the Password field.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my username?It is the first part of your e-mail address email@example.com.
What is my password?The password needed to map the network drive or connect to the domain is the same one used when logging into Windows computers on campus.
What if I forgot my password?Students can reset their Windows password on the Account Maintenance page.
Faculty and Staff will need to call the CCC Helpdesk at 508-831-5888 (x5888 on campus) and request that their password be reset.
Where can I find the paths for commonly mapped drives?See the Paths page.
What if I have another question?Other questions that have not been answered here can be directed to the CCC Helpdesk.
Last modified: Apr 25, 2011, 16:22 EDT