MuCommander is the current solution we have to allow Macs running Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.7 (Lion and Mountain Lion) to connect to your Filer drive. Please follow the instructions below for installing and using MuCommander.
Note: Lion users can go directly to Installing MuCommander as the following feature is not present in 10.7
For 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Go to System Preferences Apple menu > System Preferences and click on Security and Privacy.
- Click on the padlock icon in the bottom left corner and enter your Mac’s administrator password.
- Next, click on the General tab and under Allow applications downloaded from: check “Anywhere”.
- Go to www.mucommander.com
- Click on downloads.
- Click on Mac OS X to download the installer to your computer.
- Double-click the MuCommander installer.
- Follow the instructions and drag the MuCommander icon to the applications to the Applications icon.
- Click on the “Connect to Server” icon
In the next window, click on the SMB tab on the far right and fill in the following information:
- Server: filer.wpi.edu
- Share: home
- Domain: admin
- Username: your WPI username (not email address)
- Password: your WPI password
- Click Connect
Your filer drive should appear in the left hand pane of MuCommander. The right hand pane will be your Documents folder. You can simply drag and drop files back and forth between them to transfer files.
Click on the folder icon in the top left hand corner to navigate to a different folder in that directory.Maintained by itweb.
Last modified: Aug 17, 2012, 16:32 EDT