Assessing Academic Programs
To support assessing student learning outcomes, academic departments must themselves think and operate in terms of defining and measuring outcomes, and working for continuous improvement.
- Departmental & Program Mission Statements & Educational Outcomes
- In addition to the institutional mission statement and outcomes assessment standards, each department and program at WPI develops its own mission statement and outcomes assessment criteria.
- An Implementable/Sustainable Outcomes Assessment Process for an Electrical Engineering Program (2001) (111KB PDF file)
- The WPI Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering examines the start-up and pilot testing of a course-based assessment system, linking courses objectives to department (and university) goals.
- Sample Self-studies prepared for the 2002 ABET (Acreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) Accreditation Visit
- Updated Program Review
- WPI Biomedical Engineering Department Assessment Review 2004 - (512KB PDF file)
WPI Electrical & Computer Engineering Department Assessment Review - (1.9MB PDF file)
- WPI Mechanical Engineering Department Assessment Review 2004 - (224KB PDF file)
Last modified: July 07, 2010 09:28:46