- Why Join MPI?
- MPI News is our communication tool to share information and build knowledge among our members and guests.
We invite you to subscribe to MPI News. By subscribing, you will be notified anytime news of interest is posted.
- WPI Taking the Lead in Engineering Education
- Introduction Video on Metal Processing Institute
MPI is an industry-university alliance dedicated to advancing the state of the art in the metal processing and materials recovery & recycling industries. Research and project work are ensured by addressing the fundamental issues of these industries through the three centers of MPI:
- Advanced Casting Research Center (ACRC)
- Center for Heat Treating Excellence (CHTE)
- Center for Resource Recovery & Recycling (CR3)
MPI brings fundamental understanding to existing processes, develops new methods, and addresses management-technology interface issues with input from its industrial partners. Though the work is fundamental in nature, the context of the work has well-identified commercial applications. MPI's research is strengthened by the experiential educational program it offers to both undergraduate and graduate students, and by the tutorials and special courses it makes available to the work force of member companies.