Sites that give the top stories about China including education, economy, technology and general life in China.
- China Business World
- Comprehensive guide to doing business in China. Links are also provided for travel, employment and web services.
- China Business Vista
- Online links from China's top 30 IT firm. Also gives the featured companies, fairs and exhibitions in China.
- FDI: Invest in China
- Latest News about Chinese business and the laws and regulations for trading with China
- Executive Planet
- Comprehensive account of business etiquette in China including appointment alert, business dress, conversation and public behavior.
- Export.gov China Business Information Center
- U.S. Government export portal wherein China business information center site will help open the China market for a foreign company.
- China-ready, China Business Strategy
- China Business Strategy (CBS) is a strategic consulting firm and business advisory service which focuses exclusively on the China (PRC, Taiwan and Hong Kong) markets. It provides corporate advisory services, private executive briefings, due diligence, competitive intelligence and private research to companies who want to succeed.
Leadership And Strategy
- China Business Infocenter
- An article on Chinese Leadership Models by Ellie Weldon
- Fenwick (PDF)
- Intellectual property strategy and best practices in China
- Business Week
- An article about east meets west meets east: Chinese Networking in Silicon Valley and about Asian entrepreneurs' groups hobnobs across the Pacific.
- Titoma is a western managed product development and manufacturing firm with offices in China and Taiwan. They offer Turnkey outsourcing solutions for mostly electronic products manufactured at low cost in China.
- Shanghai Sourcing
- A group of factories and design labs in China that provide unique services to engineer product from concept to reality. Their focus is in consumer products that require mechanical, electrical, optical and software engineering.
- SINA Corporation
- SINA Corporation is the leading online media company and value-added information service ("VAS") provider for China and for Chinese communities worldwide and has more than one hundred million registered users. With the most recognized internet brand in China, SINA has established a network of localized web sites that target Greater China and overseas Chinese communities.
Economy And Public Policy
- Exxun, Evolving XXtralarge UNion
- Economic statistics about China
- A collection of articles from the Economist on Chinese economy
- China Revaluation
- Latest news, economic reports and trade charts
- Fact Monster
- Economic Encyclopedia about China
- China Development Zone
- China development zones and information regarding investment in China
Technology And Innovation
- Chinese Information and Networking Association
- Chinese Information and Networking Association is a leading non-profit organization established in 1992, formed by a group of Chinese professionals from the network computing industry. Today, with more than 3,000 members, CINA is one of the most active and fastest growing professional associations in Silicon Valley . CINA focuses its energy on performing member services that are consistent with our mission by assembling a talented and experienced board, exceeding members' expectations by continually providing quality speakers and seminars.
- Made In China
- A guide to product directory, offer board, trade center and information center
- China Market Research
- Vision Asia Research is China's premier independently owned Market Research provider specializing in China business intelligence and China Consumer Research. We were established in 2001 as a distinct division of The Vision Asia Consulting Group Ltd. Our head office is located in Shanghai with satellite offices in Beijing and Michigan USA.
Education And Academic Centers
- Chinese Culture
- Listing of Chinese colleges and universities: A comprehensive listing of more than 50 universities in China.
- Chinese National Engineering Research Centers
- List of National Engineering Research Centers
- School of Management at Fudan University
- School of Management at Fudan University has made a long list of achievements in academic research in the field of economic management and related subjects in recent years, many of which take the lead in China.
- Northwestern Polytechnic Institute
- Northwestern Polytechnic Institute is one of the 15 key universities in China, and during the "Seventh Five-year Plan" and the "Eighth Five-year Plan", NPU had been one of the universities of state capital construction.
- MPI Delegation at WPI
- A group of MPI Industrial Members, Faculty and Staff visited China's research and educational centers in metal processing.
- Chinese University of Hongkong
Out of the six AoEs awarded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) to the local tertiary institutions in its 1999 and 2001 exercises, the University plays a key role in three of these areas. Please visit their web sites for details.
- Chinese Medicine Research and Further Development
- Plant and Fungal Biotechnology
- Information Technology
- South China University of Technology
- South China University of Technology (SCUT) is one of China's key universities operating under the direct leadership of the State Ministry of Education
- China Center for Economic Research
- CCER gives a detailed outlines on the general news, seminars and working papers in Chinese Economy.
- China Education and Research work network
- Gives description about the new technologies, Social Sciences, Strategies and Development in China
- China Online market research
- MFC Insight, Mainland China's leading online sample company, utilizes its 100% proprietary online access panel to provide the market research industry with extensive, reliable data.
- Hopkins Nanjing Center
- Institute for International Research: Recognizing the need for high-quality individual and collaborative research on a range of social-science issues related to China and China's relationship with the rest of the world, The Johns Hopkins University and Nanjing University established the Institute for International Research.
- US-China Economic and Security Review Commission
- Research papers Archive related to U.S.-China economic relations: to promote greater public understanding of the issues addressed by the Commission in its ongoing assessment of U.S.-China economic relations.
- Professor William Alford
- Professor William Alford is Vice Dean for the Graduate Program and International Legal Studies, Harvard Law School
- Professor Ilan Alon
- Ilan Alon (Ph.D., Kent State University) is Associate Professor of International Business at Crummer Graduate School of Business, Rollins College
- Professor Alistair Anderson
- Professor of Entrepreneurship and Director of the Charles P. Skene Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Professor Melissa Appleyard
- Ames Professor in the Management of Innovation and Technology
- Professor P.W. (Paul) Beamish
- Professor, Canada Research Chair in International Management
- Professor Michael Belzer
- Michael H. Belzer is an Associate Professor and Director of the Transportation Research Program in the College of Urban, Labor, and Metropolitan Affairs at Wayne State University. He also is a Adjunct Research Scientist at the University of Michigan's Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations, and is Associate Director of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation's Trucking Industry Program, one of 21 Sloan Industry Centers.
- Professor Neil C. Berglund
- Associate Research Professor in Engineering and Technology Management
- Dr. Clair Brown
- Dr. Clair Brown is Professor of Economics and the head of the Center for Work, Technology, and Society at the Institute of Industrial Relations at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Professor Gregory Chow
- Gregory Chow is Professor of Economics and Class of 1913 Professor of Political Economy, Emeritus, at Princeton University.
- Mr. Jack Daniels
- Jack Daniels is the president of EastBridge Partners in Boston, with offices in Hong Kong and Suzhou.
- Mr. Jason Dedrick
- Jason Dedrick is Senior Research Fellow at the Center for Research on Information Technology and Organizations (CRITO), at the University of California, Irvine. His research interests include economic development, industrial policy, technology diffusion, and the globalization of the computer industry.
- Professor Bruce Gilley
- Bruce Gilley is a PhD. Candidate in politics at Princeton University. His research interests include democratization, political legitimacy, cross-ethnic conflicts, the comparative politics of Asia, and modern analytic political philosophy.
- Professor C. William Ibbs
Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
Interests: Strategic Trends and Strategic Planning in the Construction Industry, Management Processes of Technical Organizations and their Projects, Project Control Systems, Risk Management-Based re-qualification procedures for Facilities, Change Management
- Professor Howell Jackson
- Howell Jackson is the vice dean for budget, Harvard Law School
- Professor Gary Jefferson
- Professor Gary Jefferson is a Carl Marks Professor of International Trade and Finance, Department of Economics & International Business School (IBS) ,Brandeis University
- Professor Frank C. Jen
Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company Professor of Banking and Finance emeritus
Department of Finance and Managerial Economics
Visiting Professor, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China
- Professor C.W. Kenneth
- Affiliate Professor, Executive Programs and Academic Director, Asia Pacific Executive Programs, University of Toronto
- Professor Martin Kenney
- Department of Human and Community Development,University of California, Davis
- Professor David Lampton
- David M. Lampton is Director of Chinese Studies at The Nixon Center and is George and Sadie Hyman Professor of China Studies at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).
- Mr. Nicholas Lardy
- Nicholas R. Lardy is a senior fellow at the Institute for International Economics in Washington, DC.
- Professor Lawrence J. Lau
- Kwoh-Ting Li Professor of Economic Development; APARC Faculty Member, Stanford University
- Professor Keith Lewin
- Director of the Centre for International Education, Sussex University
- Professor Philip Lin
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School
- Dr. Robert H. McGuckin
- Dr. Robert H. McGuckin is Director of Economic Research at The Conference Board.
- Professor Bruce Bueno de Mesquita
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and a professor (by courtesy) of public policy and political science at Stanford University.
- Professor Margaret Pearson
- Margaret M. Pearson is Professor of Government and Politics at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Dr. Yonghong Peng
- Lecturer in Computer Science, Department of Computing, School of Informatics, University of Bradford
- Professor Thomas Rawski
- Professor, Department of Economics Faculty, University of Pittsburgh
- Professor David Reid
- Professor, Benjamin Forman Chair of International Business, Director: Center of International Business, RIT
- Professor David Robb
- David is Associate Professor of Operations Management in the Department of Management Science and Information Systems at The University of Auckland Business School. He teaches Operations Management/Strategy at undergraduate, graduate, and Executive Programme levels.
- Professor Scott Rozelle (PDF)
Professor, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California, Davis
Chancellor's Fellow, University of California, Davis (2000 to 2005)
- Professor Andrew Scobell
- Dr. Andrew Scobell is associate research professor at the Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, and adjunct professor of political science at Dickinson College.
- Dr. Denis Fred Simon
- Dr. Denis Fred Simon is the Provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs of the Levin Graduate Institute of International Relations and Commerce under the State University of New York in New York City.
- Professor Justin Tan
- Dr. Tan is a Professor and the Newmont Chair in Business Strategy in the Schulich School of Business at York University.
- Professor Chelsea White III
- Chelsea (Chip) C. White III is the H. Milton and Carolyn H. Stewart School Chair and Schneider National Chair of Transportation & Logistics at the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Georgia Tech. Professor White teaches courses about decision-making under uncertainty and risk.
- Professor Tim Wright
- Professor Wright, who is Chairman of the School of East Asian Studies, joined the School in 2000 from Australia, where he served as President of the Chinese Studies Association of Australia between 1996 and 1997.
- Professor Jason Zezhong Xiao
- Professor of Accounting, Cardiff University
- Professor Jia Lin Xie
- Professor in Organizational Behavior, University of Toronto
- Professor Linda Yueh
- Dr. Yueh is a Fellow in Economics at Pembroke College, University of Oxford, Member of the Sub-faculty of Economics, University of Oxford, and appointed to the Department of Economics at the London School of Economics and Political Science as Departmental MSc Tutor.
- Professor Amy Zeng
Amy Zeng is an associate professor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Her research interests center on efficient methodologies for managing material and information flows in supply, production and/or distribution systems. In particular, her research efforts focus on
- Modeling and analysis of decisions in supply and distribution networks
- Applications of OR/OM techniques to supply chain process design and improvement
- Global supply chain management and international business
Last modified: July 09, 2010 14:55:30