WPI Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) 2013
Fellowship stipends are available for the summer of 2013 to support WPI undergraduate students interested in research and planning to pursue graduate study. The selection process makes use of materials submitted by the student and the supervising faculty member.
- All materials must be submitted through the online application by Monday, March 11, 2013.
- Potential applicants discuss their interest with potential faculty research supervisors.
- After mutual agreement between the student applicant and the potential supervisor, the student applicant begins the application process. The application requires the following materials from the student applicant:
- A brief statement (approximately 100 words) of your reasons for pursuing summer research activities;
- A brief description of your specific interest in the research project and your relevant experience;
- A resume (PDF only);
- A recent grade report (an unofficial transcript from Banner is acceptable, PDF only); and
- Other supporting materials (optional, PDF only).
- After the student submits his or her materials, the faculty supervisor will receive an email which provides a web link to the application submitted by the student. The application will request the following additional materials from the faculty supervisor:
- A brief description of the research program, including funding base(s), the nominated student would be joining;
- A brief description of the type of work the nominated student would be doing if selected to receive a fellowship;
- The name of the faculty member who will be responsible during the assignment period;
- The names of any graduate students who are part of the team; and
- Additional supporting materials (optional, PDF only).
- Notification of awards will be made by Friday, March 29, 2013.
- This is a full-time appointment for two months.
- Students who will complete their undergraduate degree before January 1, 2014 are not eligible for this program.
- First priority will be given to students who are completing their junior year.
Stipend: $4000 total: $2000 paid the end of June; $2000 paid the end of July.
Please contact Sara Ringer at email@example.com or 508-831-5920 with any questions.
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: January 30, 2013 14:35:52