Major Qualifying Project
The Major Qualifying Project (MQP) is a high-level research project conducted and completed in the student's major field. Through the MQP, WPI students have the opportunity to experience the kind of real-world problem solving that will soon characterize their professional careers. With an MQP on their resume, WPI students have a leg up on the competition when it comes to launching careers or gaining admission to the best graduate schools.
The MQP involves problems typical of those found in the student's professional discipline and addresses challenging research issues. These qualifying projects are far from trivial; each requires a large part of an academic year, culminating in a project report and poster on Project Presentation Day.
Meet some of our Aerospace Engineering students and see the positive impact their projects have had on themselves and others.
- 2012 Aerospace Engineering Program MQP Brochure (.pdf, 1.5mb)
- 2011 Aerospace Engineering Program MQP Brochure (.pdf, 1.5mb)
- 2010 Aerospace Engineering Program MQP Brochure (.pdf, 1.8mb)
- 2009 Aerospace Engineering Program MQP Brochure (.pdf, 1.4mb)
- 2008 Aerospace Engineering Program MQP brochure (.pdf, 1.6mb)