Life Sciences & Bioengineering Center, 4004
- Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Affiliated with:
My research interests are in nervous system injury, repair, and cancer therapeutics. In order to develop strategies for central nervous system tissue repair and cancer therapeutics, my laboratory is interested in using ones that are nanotechnology based to re-create or alter the microenvironment to make it more conducive.
- Neural Tissue Engineering
- Drug Delivery
- Biomedical Imaging
- Nano-based therapies
- BS, The Johns Hopkins University, 2000
- MS, Case Western Reserve University, 2004
- PhD, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
- Jain A., Brady-Kalnay S.M., Bellamkonda R.V. 2004. Modulation of Rho GTPase Activity Alleviates Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan-dependent Inhibition on Neurite Extension. J Neurosci Res. 77(2):299-307.
- Jain A., Kim Y.T., McKeon R.J., Bellamkonda R.V. 2006. In Situ Gelling Hydrogels for Conformal Repair of Spinal Cord Defects and Local Delivery of BDNF after Spinal Cord Injury. Biomaterials 27(3): 497-504.
- Jain A., Brady-Kalnay S.M., Bellamkonda R.V. 2011. Sustained Delivery of Activated Rho GTPases and BDNF Promotes Axon Growth in CSPG-Rich Regions Following Spinal Cord Injury. PLoS One 6(1): e16135.
Labs and Centers
- Postdoctoral Fellowship-NIH Training Fellowship, Program in CNS Injury and Repair, NIH-NINDS (WDDIT32NS07459), The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- GAANN Training Grant Fellowship for Neural Engineering, Department of Education , Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH. January 2002-December 2002