Skip to Additional Navigation
Biomechanics & Mechanobiology
- Mechanobiology of vascular and connective tissue cells (role of stiffness and multiaxial stretch) (Billiar, Pins).
- Soft tissue mechanics (biaxial testing, rheometry, and constitutive modeling of tissues including heart valves, blood vessels, skin, myocardium, and collagen-based biomaterials) (Billiar).
- Mechanics of sternal fixation (Billiar, Pins).
- Functional analysis of cardiac muscle repair (Gaudette).
- Functional analysis of tissue-engineered vascular grafts (Billiar, Gaudette, Rolle).
Dedicated Faculty Members: