Four WPI School of Business graduate courses are classified as "foundation-level" and therefore are required of all graduate students, unless students meet the criteria to have them waived. If a course is waived, it does not count for credit hours toward a degree.
The foundation-level courses:
- FIN500 - Financial Information and Management
- FIN501 - Economics for Managers
- MIS500 - Innovating with Information
- MKT500 - Marketing Management
- Transfer Credits: The student must provide proof of having taken a similar course from an accredited college or university within the previous six years with a grade of 3.0 (or equivalent) or better. Learn more...
- Waiver Exam: These exams are graded pass/fail, take three hours to complete, and cost $40. A score of 70+ constitutes a passing grade.
- Petitioning for special circumstance: Occasionally a course may be waived if the student can demonstrate this his or her practical experience should exempt them from having to take a course.
For more information, or to request a waiver, contact Norm Wilkinson, director of programs: firstname.lastname@example.org.