Selected candidates will be invited to interview with a representative of the Office of Admissions. If selected, you must participate in an evaluative interview. Failure to do so will result in a denial of admission. Due to the number of applicants, we will not be able to interview all qualified applicants.
All interviews are initiated by the Office of Admissions via email and take place on Skype video conferencing and/or on the phone. Once your interview is scheduled, you will receive detailed interview instructions. Please make sure that your email address on file is accurate and valid.
Below are some guidelines to assist you in preparing for your interview. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the details so that you will be prepared to put forth your best presentation during this very important part of your application.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW
- You must be knowledgable about all the details in you application--including resume, transcripts, and Statement of Purpose--and be prepared to address any questions related to the information provided as part of your official record.
- If English is not your first language, the interviewer will allow plenty of leeway in judging your English ability; however, you should still prepare your answers to questions you can anticipate during the interview. Reading from prepared notes during the interview is strongly frowned upon. If the interview suspects that you are reading your answers, he or she will kindly ask you to stop.
- If interviews make you nervous, we recommend that you practice so you can confidently responding to the questions being asked.
- Find a quiet location where you have access to the Internet and telephone. Select a location that will not distract the interviewer and select a location with clear phone and Internet signals. Be aware of your surrounding and how it may negatively effect how the interviewer is able to see or hear you.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERVIEW
- The interview will last approximately 30 minutes and will take place over Skype video conferencing and/or by telephone. We prefer to interview you using both the video and phone capabilities; however, may ask to continue part of the interview by phone if the connection is poor.
- The interviewer will ask you a series of questions, usually between 5 - 10 questions.
- If time allows, you may be given the opportunity to ask questions of the interviewer.
- If for any reason you are unable to connect with your interviewer, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.508.831.4665 immediately.
HOW YOUR INTERVIEW WILL BE EVALUATED
- The Office of Admissions regards the admissions interview in the same light as a job interview and expect you to present yourself as if applying for a professional job. Correspondence and communication with our office should be timely, businesslike, honest, and thorough.
- In addition to many others criteria, below are some of the dimensions you will be evaluated on:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Did you answer the questions being asked, and if so, how well
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism
- Comprehension of and comfort level with English
- Never forget that you are participating in a formal interview. Everything you say and every interaction you have with our office will be used to judge you as a candidate.