Step into Leadership with Confidence
A major in management at WPI prepares students to assume leadership roles in technology-based organizations. Very much a general-business program, the flexible curriculum allows students to tailor a course of study to their career objectives.
In addition to being immersed in the key areas of business, students also develop communication, presentation, leadership, and decision-making skills. Management graduates can confidently adapt to and function within a variety of business environments. They also gain the ability to:
- apply theory and practice;
- integrate technology and change into existing organizations;
- think critically and analytically, define and solve business problems, and work in teams; and
- learn new skills in response to changing professional requirements.
Classroom meets real world through the major qualifying project (MPQ)
A vital part of the learning experience in the management program, an MQP is typically designed for a real, functioning business. The students strive to produce a solution to an actual management need by applying the skills, methods, and knowledge obtained through course work. An MQP may address a variety of areas:
- Marketing and website quality
- Risk determination
- Market feasibility study
- Environmental database management