The demand for knowledgeable IT professionals who understand business has never been greater. The MSIT program guarantees a solid foundation in information technology, with a wide range of cutting-edge concentrations, and the management principles critical to success in a technology- driven environment.
MSIT students must complete the following 5 required courses. Full-time MSIT students must complete MIS500 in their first semester. Part-time MSIT students must complete MIS500 in their first year:
- MIS 500 Innovating with Information Systems
- MIS 571 Database Applications Development
- MIS 573 Systems Design and Development
- MIS 578 Telecommunications Management
- OBC 500 Group and Interpersonal Dynamics in Complex Organizations
MSIT students then must complete electives, distributed as follows:
- Management courses, choose 1 of the following:
- IT courses, choose 4 of the following:
- Two free electives, which may include courses outside of management and a maximum of 3 credits of internship.
The MSIT program qualifies as a STEM OPT degree (science, technology, engineering, or math), which allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 17-month extension to their OPT (optional practical training) period. This extension means that students could be eligible for up to two and a half years of work in the United States.