2008 Precision Indoor Personnel Location and Tracking for Emergency Responders
Third Annual Technology Workshop, August 4-6, 2008
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
This Workshop provided a forum for researchers and developers working in the important area of indoor location and tracking of emergency response personnel to share technical knowledge and to define the state of the art. The focus of this workshop was zero pre-installed infrastructure tracking, that is systems that do not require any previously installed wiring or equipment in the target building, such as is required by RFID-type systems. Further, the focus was on systems which provide complete tracking and position information on all equipped personnel to the incident command post. Simpler approaches ("homing devices") also were included in the Workshop. Also, a session was dedicated to the physiological monitoring of first responders. Select representatives of the governmental and user communities participated.
- Agenda, Abstracts and Presentations
- WPI Precision Personnel Locator Workshop Live Demo Report
In the Press
- "Holy Grail of Tracking And Monitoring Firefighters Within Reach," Fire Apparatus, Lyn Bixby, November, 2008.
- "Firefighters test out new technology," NECN, reported by Danica Pecirep, August 7, 2008.
- "Masked training mission to find the missing," Worcester Telegram&Gazette, Paul Kapteyn, August 7, 2008.
- "Firefighters Test 5 Tracking Technologies," Radio Resource Media Group, Katie Kelley, September 12, 2008.
- Original Announcement
Last modified: September 14, 2009 13:40:35