Atwater Kent Laboratories, 302
I received my PhD in ECE from Oregon State University in December 1998 and worked briefly as a member of the research faculty at OSU's Information Security Laboratory. In 2000 I joined WPI as an assistant professor. My research interests include cryptography and data security; I head the Cryptography and Information Security Laboratory, whose mission is to address security problems and develop new security technologies to ensure the safety of all facets of the communication and computing infrastructure.
- network security
- high performance computing
- BS, Middle East Technical University - Turkey, 1995
PhD, Oregon State University, 1998
- Memory Leakage-Resilient Encryption Based on Physically Unclonable Functions, Frederik Armknecht, Roel Maes, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, Berk Sunar and Pim Tuyls, In: Matsui, M (eds). Proceedings of AsiaCrypt 2009, pp. 685-702, Tokyo, Japan, December 6-10, 2009.
- Ghaith Hammouri, Aykutlu Dana, Berk Sunar, CDs Have Fingerprints Too. In: Clavier, C., Gaj, K., (eds.) Proceedings of the 11th Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES 2009), LNCS, vol. 5747, pp. 348-362, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany (2009)
- A.O. Durahim, E. Savas, B. Sunar, , T. B. Pedersen, O. Kocabas Transparent Code Authentication at the Processor Level, IET Computers & Digital Techniques, Volume 3, Issue 4, pages 354-372, July 2009.
- Ghaith Hammouri, Berk Sunar. PUF-HB: A Tamper-Resilient HB based Authentication Protocol Applied Cryptography and Network Security: Proceedings, Steven M. Bellovin et al (Eds., 6th International Conference, ACNS 2008, LNCS 5037, pp. 346-365, Springer-Verlag, 2008.
- Dakshi Agrawal, Selcuk Baktir, Deniz Karakoyunlu, Pankaj Rohatgi, Berk Sunar, Trojan Detection Using IC Fingerprinting, in Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 20-23 May 2007 Page(s):296 - 310, 2007.
Labs and Centers
- IEEE Computer Society
- International Association of Cryptologic Research