Salisbury Laboratories, 405A
- Adjunct Teaching Professor,
I completed my Phd in Statistics at WPI in 2013. My primary research interest lies on Survey Sampling, Categorical Data Analysis and Bayesian Statistics with main focus being on the development of statistical models and methods to analyze data from various applications. For my Phd, I worked on Bayesian method to analyze data obtained from cluster sampling design and that are presented in two-way contingency table.
I enjoy teaching both statistics and mathematics courses. Working as a teaching assistant at WPI in various upper and lower level statistics courses provided me a great opportunity to furnish basic teaching skills. Teaching student in the classroom, assisting them outside or in the lab have given me many enriching experiences and learning opportunities which I believe to be really valuable in my academic career. Teaching also gives me eternal satisfaction. My goal as an educator is to add depth to the understanding of the subjects, train students with statistical and mathematical tools and help them become better prepared to face the real challenges.
- Survey Sampling
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Bayesian Statistics
- M.Sc. in Statistics, Tribhuwan University, Nepal, 2001
- M.S. in Mathematics, Western Illinois University, USA, 2007
- M.S. in Applied Statistics, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA, 2012
- Ph.D, Mathematical Sciences-Concentration in Statistics, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA, 2013
- Bhatta, D. and Nandram, B. (2013), “A Bayesian Adjustment of the HP Law via a Switching Nonlinear Regression Model,” Journal of Data Science, 11, 85-108.
- Nandram, B., Bhatta, D., Bhadra, D. and Shen, G. (2013), “Bayesian Predictive Inference of a Finite Population Proportion Under Selection Bias,” Statistical Methodology, 11, 1-21.
- Nandram, B., Bhatta, D., Sedransk, J. and Bhadra, D. (2013), “A Bayesian Test of Independence in a Two-Way Contingency Table Using Surrogate Sampling,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 143(8), 1392-1408.
- Nandram, B., Bhatta, D. and Bhadra, D., “A Likelihood Ratio Test of Quasi-Independence for Sparse Two-Way Contingency Tables,” Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation (in press).
- Wei, R., Nandram, B. and Bhatta, D. (2013), “A Bayesian Analysis of US Mortality Curves for Race-Sex Domains by State,” Advances and Applications in Statistics, Pushpa Publishing House, 34(2), 137-165.