Atwater Kent Laboratories, 124
Eduardo Rafael Torres-Jara
Professor Torres-Jara is an assistant professor in the Robotics Engineering program at WPI. His research interest focuses mainly on what he describes as sensitive robotics, an approach in which great importance is given to tactile feedback. It started with robotic manipulation with great success and is being tested in different areas of robotics. Several related areas are also of interest: Novel mechanism and actuators that use soft materials, tactile sensors with adequate properties for robotics, active computer vision, machine learning, artificial intelligence, control, and novel computer architectures. Research on these areas is conducted in Professor Torres-Jara’s laboratory at WPI.
- Sensitive Robotics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Robot design
- Novel Actuators and Sensors
- Machine Learning and Vision
- Ingeniero Electronico, Escuela Politecnica del Ejercito, Ecuador, 1995
- Masters of Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002
- Masters of Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007
Labs and Centers
- Sensitive Robotics Laboratory
- Recipient of a NASA Tech Brief Award. 2011.
- Invited Speaker to the 2011 Japan-America Frontiers of Engineering Symposium. National Academy of Engineering and Japanese Engineering Academy, 2011.
- Elected one of the 100 most influential in the Massachusetts Latin com m unity. El Planeta Newspaper, Boston, MA. 2011.