Washburn Shops, 102
E. Vance Wilson
- Visiting Associate Professor, School of Business
- Affiliated with:
Prior to arriving at WPI in 2010, I held tenure-track positions with the University of Wisconsin system. I have visited at Cal Poly-SLO, University of Toledo, and Arizona State University. My teaching centers on software development, large business systems, and innovative uses of IT. My overarching research addresses organizational aspects of human-computer interaction with special emphasis on e-health, computer-mediated communication, and technology support for software development teams. I have published more than 75 articles in peer-reviewed journals, books, and conference proceedings.
Since 2004 I have served as supervising editor of the Information Systems and Healthcare Department of Communications of the AIS, and guest-edited special issues on e-health and health information systems in European Journal of Information Systems, e‑Service Journal, Information Systems Management, and the International Journal of Healthcare Technology Management. I recently produced an edited book titled Patient-Centered E-Health.
Hobbies include growing fruit and nut trees, brewing apple cider, and building things. During the summer I spend time on a tractor on my Wisconsin farm.
- computer-mediated communication
- technology support for software development teams
- B.A., Psychology, Reed College, Portland, OR, 1974
- M.S.B.A., Information and Decision Systems, College of Business Administration, San Diego State University, 1992
- Ph.D., Business Administration, College of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1995
- Wilson, E. V., & Tulu, B. (2010). The rise of a health-IT academic focus. Communications of the ACM, 53(5), 147-150.
- Lankton, N. K., Wilson, E. V., & Mao, E. (2010). Antecedents and determinants of information technology habit. Information & Management, 47, 300-307.
- Wilson, E. V., Mao, E., & Lankton, N. K. (2010). The distinct roles of prior IT use and habit strength in predicting continued sporadic use of IT. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 27(1), 185-206.
- Wilson, E. V., & Sheetz, S. D. (2010). A demands-resources model of work pressure in IT student task groups. Computers & Education, 55, 415-426.
- Wilson, E. V., Dobrzykowski, D. D., & Cazier, J. A. (2008). The influence of media trust and Internet trust on privacy-risking uses of e-health. International Journal of Information Security and Privacy, 2(3), 84-97.