Washburn Shops, 306
One mentor gave me the following advice: Choose an important research question to pursue; then pursue it with joy and without fear.
Huong N Higgins
- Associate Professor, School of Business
Teaching students helps me remember what it is like to be young, curious about the world, and eager to learn. WPI students are very remarkable. Most seem to be natural leaders, or else they must be receiving very good coaching in leadership. It is such a pleasure to be alongside a community of students with a strong positive attitude. I enjoy my research because it keeps stretching my views and abilities. In doing research, I feel like a perpetual learner always trying to discover new worlds, constantly living the challenges but also the joys of trying.
- B.A., University of Saigon, Vietnam
- M.P.A., Georgia State University
- Ph.D., Georgia State University
- Higgins, Huong. 2013. "Conflicts of Interest between Banks and Firms: Evidence from Japanese Mergers". Accepted and Forthcoming in Pacific-Basin Finance Journal.
- Higgins, Huong. 2012. "Can Securities Analysts Forecast Intangible Firms’ Earnings?" Forthcoming in International Journal of Forecasting.
- Huong N. Higgins. "Do Stock for Stock Merger Acquirers Manage Earnings: Evidence from Japan". Forthcoming in Journal of Accounting and Public Policy.
- Huong N. Higgins. 2011. "Forecasting Stock Price with the Residual Income Model." Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting: Volume 36, Issue 4 (2011), Page 583. Online First 22 June, 2010.
- Higgins, Huong. 2011. "Using Quarterly Earnings to Predict Stock Price". Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting, Volume 9(2011), pp.1-29.
- Huong N. Higgins and Balgobin Nandram. 2009. "Monetary Unit Sampling: Improving Estimation of the Total Audit Error." Advances in Accounting, Volume 25, Issue 2, December 2009, Pages 174-182.
- Huong Higgins. 2009. "The Performance of Merger Acquirers: Evidence from Japan's Banking Crisis in the 1990s" Working Paper.