Life Sciences & Bioengineering Center, 222
- Research Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering
I got my MS in chemistry from Chisinau State University in Moldova and a PhD in electrochemistry from the Academy of Sciences of USSR in Moscow. I started my research career at the Institute of Chemistry of Academy of Sciences, Moldova, followed by various research and academic positions at several universities in Eastern Europe and the US. Currently, I’m involved in both research and teaching. Broadly, my research interests are in chemical reaction thermodynamics, kinetics, and catalysis.
- Stability of Chemical Species
- Chemical Reaction Networks
- Microkinetic Modeling in Heterogeneous Catalysis
- MS, Chemistry, Chisinau State University, Moldova, USSR
- PhD, Chemistry, Institute of Electrochemistry, Academy of Sciences of USSR, Moscow
- I Fishtik. “An Exact Stoichiometric Representation of the Resonance Energy,” J. Phys. Chem. A, 2011, in press, DOI: 10.1021/jp202660z.
- I Fishtik. “Biphenylene: stabilization or destabilization?” J. Phys. Org. Chem., 2011, 24, 263.
- I Fishtik. “Hess−Schaad Group Additivity Type Model Predicts Superaromaticity,” J. Phys. Chem. A, 2010, 114, 11017.
- I Fishtik. Comment on “The Concept of Protobranching and Its Many Paradigm Shifting Implications for Energy Evaluations,” J. Phys. Chem. A, 2010, 114, 3731.
- I Fishtik. “Benzene Triradicals: Stabilization or Destabilization?” Tetrahedron Letts, 2009, 50, 5596.
- Academy of Sciences of Moldova Award (1990)
- The Royal Society of Chemistry (UK) Award for International Authors (1998)
- National Research Council Research Associateship Award (2004)