Humanities and Arts
Salisbury Laboratories, 330
John Griffith Urang
- 20th Century German film and literature
- Film Theory
- History of Science (Early Modern)
- Critical Theory
- BA, Bard College, 1997
- MA, University of Chicago, 1998
- PhD, University of Chicago, 2005
- Legal Tender: Love and Legitimacy in the East German Cultural Imagination. Cornell University Press, 2010
- “Solitary Confinement: Reproduction and the Law in Kluge’s Abschied von gestern.” Forthcoming in New German Critique, October 2013.
- “’Where we are not, our enemies are’: The Berlin Wall and the Disavowal of Desire.” Forthcoming in Konturen, Vol. IV.
- “June 20, 1977: Manfred Krug Leaves the GDR.” A New History of German Cinema, Camden House, 2012.
- “Realism and Romance in the East German Cinema, 1952–1962.” Film History 18.1: 88–103. 2006.
- 2007–2009, Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Humanities, University of California, Berkeley (Declined)
- 2003–2004, Franke Institute for the Humanities Dissertation-Year Fellowship, University of Chicago
- 2001–2002, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Fellowship