Stratton Hall, 105C
Joseph D. Petruccelli
Statisticians have many career paths available to them. As a young researcher, I worked on theoretical problems in applied probability and time series analysis. More recently, I have focused my energies more on statistics education as well as collaborations with researchers in other fields, primarily the biomedical sciences. I enjoy teaching statistics courses at all levels, from introductory undergraduate to advanced graduate. I particularly enjoy advising student projects, which I think are the essence of a WPI education.
- Time Series Analysis
- Statistics Education
- AB, Boston College, 1971
- MS, Purdue University, 1974
- PhD, Purdue University, 1978
- "On a best choice problem with partial information" (1980), The Annals of Statistics, 8, 1171-1174.
- "On the use of the general partial autocorrelation function for order determination in ARMA(p,q) processes" (with N. Davies), (1984), Journal of the American Statistical Association, 79, 374- 377.
- "A threshold AR(1) model" (with S. W. Woolford), (1984), Journal of Applied Probability, 21, 270-286.
- "A portmanteau test for SETAR-type nonlinearity in time series", (with N. Davies), (1985), Biometrika, 73, 687-694.
- “A new oral otoprotective agent. Part 1: Electrophysiology data from protection against noise-induced hearing loss." with C. Vincenza, P. Cascella, P. Giordano, S. Hatzopoulos, S. Prosser, E. Simoni, L. Astol, A. R. Fetoni, H. Skarz.yn'ski, A. Martini, (2012), Medical Science Monitor, 18(1):BR1-8.
- DR JP. DIRECTED RESEARCH/GRADUATE
- MA 2611. APPLIED STATISTICS I
- MA 2612. APPLIED STATISTICS II
- MA 3627. APPLIED STATISTICS III
- MA 4632. PROBABILITY & MATH STATS II
- MA 511. APPLIED STATISTICS FOR ENGINEERS AND SCIENTISTS
- MA 541. PROBABILITY & MATH STATS II
- MA 542. REGRESSION ANALYSIS
- MA 548. QUALITY CONTROL
- MA 549. ANALYSIS OF LIFETIME DATA
- MA 550. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS
- MA 552. DISTRIBUTION-FREE AND ROBUST STATISTICAL METHODS
- MA 559. STATISTICS GRAD SEMINAR