Stratton Hall, 105D
- Professor of Practice, Mathematical Sciences
- Coordinator, Program in Actuarial Mathematics
Teaching has evolved into a second career for me. After working for over 25 years as an actuary, I came to WPI a few years back, and have loved every minute of it! I provide insight to my students about working as an actuary, as well as convey a real world sense of urgency and connection to what we are doing in the classroom. I particularly enjoy the academic cycle – getting a fresh start every fall term, and seeing a new batch of enthusiastic first year students arriving on campus. It is really rewarding watching them learn and grow, and moving on to begin building their own successful careers.
- Actuarial mathematics
- BS, University of Iowa, 1980
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, 1991
- WPI Trustees Award for Outstanding Academic Advising, 2007