Humanities and Arts
Salisbury Laboratories, 23
- Associate Professor, Humanities & Arts
- Affiliated with:
John Sanbonmatsu is interested in critical social theory and political philosophy. He would love to talk about philosophy and the meaning of life with anyone who wants to give him a call or sit down with him over coffee.
- Continental philosophy
- Critical animal studies
- Feminist theory
- BA, Hampshire College
- PhD, University of California at Santa Cruz
- Critical Theory and Animal Liberation (Rowman & Littlefield, 2011).
- “Blood and Soil: Notes on Lierre Keith, Locavores, and Death Fetishism,” Upping the Anti, May 2011 (also published in longer form online, on ZNET).
- “Video Games and Machine Dreams of Domination,” in Gail Dines and Jean Humez, eds., Gender, Race, and Class in Media, 3rd Ed. (SAGE: 2010).
- “The Holocaust Sublime: Singularity, Representation, and the Violence of Everyday Life,” American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Vol. 68, No. 1 (Jan. 2009), 101-127.
- The Postmodern Prince (Monthly Review Press, 2004)