Fuller Laboratories, B22
Krishna Kumar Venkatasubramanian
- Assistant Professor, Computer Science
My research interests are primarily in the field of cyber-physical systems and their security. My current projects are focused on designing: secure interoperable medical device systems, a credentialing system for facilitating open-source development of military vehicles, and environment-coupled security solutions for body area networks. I am always interested in exploring new ideas in the field of cyber-physical systems (e.g., vehicular networks, networked control systems), sensor networks, and system security. My research has been featured in Discovery Channel website, ACM Tech News, and IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Article Wearable Technology.
At WPI I teach cyber-physical systems, computer networks and security courses at both graduate and undergraduate levels. I find teaching and mentoring a very rewarding experience. I am a strong believer in working closely with students and getting them involved in research projects as a way to develop their critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Cyber Physical Systems
- Security and Trust
- Wireless/Sensor Networks
- Distributed Systems
- BS, Webster University, 2001
- MS, Arizona State University, 2004
- PhD, Arizona State University, 2009
- J. Chang, K. K. Venkatasubramanian, A. G. West, S. Kannan, I. Lee, B. T. Loo, and O. Sokolsky "AS-CRED: Reputation and Alert Service for Inter-domain Routing", IEEE Systems Journal (Special Issue on Security and Privacy of Complex Systems, 2012 (ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION)
- A. Banerjee, K. K. Venkatasubramanian, T. Mukherjee, S.K.S. Gupta, Ensuring Safety, "Security and Sustainability of Mission-Critical Cyber Physical System", In Proceedings of the IEEE, Jan 2012.
- K. K. Venkatasubramanian, Ayan Banerjee, and Sandeep K. S. Gupta, "PSKA: Usable and Secure Key Agreement Scheme for Body Area Networks", In IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine (Special Issue on Wireless Health), vol. 14 (1), Jan. 2010.
- Best Paper Award, CEAS 2011
- Best Paper Award, ICISIP 2006