Higgins Laboratories, 212
Mikhail F. Dimentberg
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Applied mechanics
- Random vibration and nonlinear dynamics
- Ph.D., Moscow Institute of Power Engineering, 1963
- Dimentberg, M. and Iourtchenko, D., "Stochastic and/or Chaotic Response of a Vibroimpact System to an Imperfectly Periodic Sinusoidal Excitation". International Journal of Bifurcations and Chaos (in press).
- Dimentberg, M., Ryzhik, B. and Sperling, L., "Random Vibrations of a Damped Rotating Shaft". Journal of Sound and Vibration 279, 2005, pp. 275 - 284.
- Dimentberg, M. and Iourtchenko, D., "Random Vibrations with Impacts: a Survey". Nonlinear Dynamics, 36 (2 - 4), 2004, pp. 229 - 254.
- Dimentberg, M.F. "Lotka-Volterra System in a Random Environment". Physical Review E, v. 65, 2002, # 3, 036204.
- Dimentberg, M.F. and Lin, Y.K. "An Exact Solution for Response Spectral Density of a SDOF System under both Parametric and Additive Random Excitations". Journal of Applied Mechanics, 69, 2002, # 3, pp. 399 - 400.
- Faculty Advisor of the MQP, that received a bronze medal in the National Contest of the Undergraduate Students Theses, arranged by the Lincoln Arc Welding Institute, 1994.
- Fulbright Scholarship recipient, 2002/2003
- Member, Sigma Xi
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Vibration and Control, 1995 - present.
- Member, Scientific Committee, Fourth International Conference on Stochastic Structural Dynamics, University of Notre Dame, August 6-8, 1998.
- Member, Scientific Committee, International Conference on Impact and Friction of Solids, Structures and Machines, June 27-30, 1998, Ottawa, Canada.