- Associate Professor, Social Science & Policy Studies
- Affiliated with:
Professor Radzicki is an economist and simulation scientist. In 1990 he created WPI’s program in system dynamics. Most recently, he and Professor Hossein Hakim created WPI's program in trading system development. Professor Radzicki's research focuses on automated trading system development, predictive analytics, and the application of system dynamics and machine learning tools to macroeconomic problems.
He served as president of the International System Dynamics Society in 2006. In addition to his work in economics and computational methods, Professor Radzicki is an avid long distance runner, martial artist, golfer, and currency trader.
- System Dynamics Modeling
- Agent-Based Modeling
- Predictive Analytics
- Trading System Development
- B.A. - Economics, St. Norbert College, 1980
- M.A. - Economics, University of Notre Dame, 1982
- Ph.D. - Economics, University of Notre Dame, 1985
- Michael J. Radzicki and Linwood Tauheed. 2009. “In Defense of System Dynamics: A Reply to Professor Hayden.” Journal of Economic Issues 43(4)
- Michael J. Radzicki. 2009. “System Dynamics and its Contribution to Economics/Economic Modeling.” Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science. Robert A. Meyers, ed. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Michael J. Radzicki and John D. Sterman. 1994. “Evolutionary Economics and System Dynamics.” Evolutionary Concepts in Contemporary Economics. Richard W. England, ed. Pages 61-89. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press.
- Michael J. Radzicki. 1990. “Methodologia Oeconomiae et Systematis Dynamis.” System Dynamics Review 6(2): 123-147. 1990.
- Lawrence C. Marsh and Michael J. Radzicki. 1986. “Minimum Mean Square Error of a Generalized Stein Estimator.” Economics Letters 21(4): 333-335.
- President - System Dynamics Society
- DR MJR. DIRECTED RESEARCH/GRADUATE
- ECON 1120. INTRODUCTORY MACROECONOMICS
- ECON 2120. INTERMEDIATE MACROECONOMICS
- SD 1510. INTRO TO SYST DYNAMICS MODLNG
- SD 1520. SYSTEM DYNAMICS MODELING
- SD 550. SYSTEM DYNAMICS FOUNDATION: MANAGING COMPLEXITY
- SD 558. INTRODUCTION TO AGENT-BASED MODELING
- SD 565. MACROECONOMIC DYNAMICS