Washburn Shops, 334
Makhlouf M. Makhlouf
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Affiliated with:
- Director, Advanced Casting Research Center (ACRC)
- Solidification of metals
- Application of heat mass and momentum transfer to modeling and solving engineering materials problems
- Processing of ceramic materials
- BS, American University Cairo, 1978
- MS, New Mexico State University, 1980
- PhD, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1990
- "Effect of Key Alloying Elements on the Feeding Characteristics of Aluminum-Silicon Casting Alloys", by M. Dash and M. Makhlouf, (submitted to J. Light Metals).
- "Mathematical Modeling and Computer Simulation of the Rotating Impeller Particle Flotation Process - Part II: Particle Agglomeration and Flotation", by M. Maniruzzaman and M. Makhlouf, Metall. Trans. B, (in press).
- "Characterization of the Operative Mechanism in Potassium Fluoborate Activated Pack Boriding of Steels", by T.W. Spence and M.M. Makhlouf (Submitted to Metall. Trans.).
- "The Aluminum-Silicon Eutectic Reaction: Mechanisms and Crystallography", by H.V. Guthy and M.M. Makhlouf, J. Light Metals, (in press).
- "Mathematical Modeling and Computer Simulation of the Rotating Impeller Particle Flotation Process - Part I: Fluid Flow", by M. Maniruzzaman aM. Makhlouf, Metall. Trans. B, (in press).
Labs and Centers
- Presidential Scholarship for Academic Excellence, 1973-1978
- Allied Chemicals Honorary Scholarship for academic Excellence, 1975-1978
- Herbert Uhlig Award, National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), 1987