Higgins Laboratories, 245
Mark W. Richman
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Affiliated with:
- Chair, Graduate Communication
- Engineering mechanics
- Constitutive modeling
- Mechanics of rapid granular flows
- Continuum mechanics
- BS, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1978
- MS, University of Michigan, 1979
- PhD, Cornell University, 1983
- "The Efects of Anisotropic Boundary Vibrations of Confined Thermalized Granular Assemblies," (with R.E. Martin), Journal of Applied Mechanics, in press, 1996.
- "Granular Flows Down Bumpy Inclines: Numerical Solutions," (with A.A. Oyediran, R.E. Martin, and A.N. Alexandrou), Acta Mechanica, in press, 1996.
- "Granular Flows Through Vibrating Surfaces With Holes," (with L. Wang), Proc. of the 32nd Society of Engineering Science Technical Conference, (eds. D. Hui, and S. Michaelides) November 1995.
- "Confined Granular Flows Induced by Identical, Parallel, Vibrating Boundaries," Development in Non-Newtonian Flows, (with R.E. Martin) (eds. D.A. Siginer, W.W. Van Arsdale, M.C. Altan, A.N. Alexandrou), ASME, New York, AMD -- Vol. 175, pp. 49 - 55, 1993.
- "Boundary Conditions for Granular Flows at Randomly Fluctuating Bumpy Boundaries," Mechanics of Materials, Vol. 16, No. 1-2, pp. 205 - 210, 1993.
Labs and Centers
- Tau Beta Pi (1977)
- Summa Cum Laude (1978)
- College of Engineering Fellowship: University of Michigan (1978 - 1979)
- Distinguished Achievement Award for Outstanding Graduate Work in Applied Mechanics (1979)
- Three Year Teaching Fellowhip for Outstanding Teaching: Cornell University (1982 - 1983)
- Cornell Graduate Summer Fellowship (1983)
- Sigma Xi Honor Society (Inducted 1986)
- Pi Tau Sigma (Honorary Member 1988)
- Morgan Instructor of Mechanical Engineering (1995 - 1996)
- AE 3712. AEROSPACE STRUCTURES
- AE 5380. FOUNDATIONS OF ELASTICITY
- AE 5381. APPLIED ELASTICITY
- ES 2501. INTRODUCTION TO STATIC SYSTEMS
- ES 2502. STRESS ANALYSIS
- ME 3712. AEROSPACE STRUCTURES
- ME 500. APPLIED ANALYTICAL METHODS
- ME 5000. APPLIED ANALYTICAL METHODS IN ENGINEERING
- ME 531. APPLIED ELASTICITY
- ME 5380. FOUNDATIONS OF ELASTICITY
- ME 5381. APPLIED ELASTICITY
- ME 593. SPECIAL TOPICS