Goddard Hall, 224A
I believe strongly in the primacy of the quality of the student-teacher relationship, its mutually precious intellectual and emotional rewards, and its key role in the attainment of educational objectives such as the development of the student's critical thinking, the capacity for self-exploration, and independence of judgment. Furthermore, at WPI both undergraduate and graduate curricula are creatively designed to highlight the many nuanced forms and features of the inherently complex, ever-evolving, value conflict-laden, and contextually rich interaction between science, technology, culture, and society. As a result, the prospect of a singular educational experience is offered to our students as they prepare themselves to responsibly and confidently deal with the great problems of our time.
- Energy and Environmental Systems Analysis
- Energy Production Systems Performance Assessment
- Chemical Process Safety
- Risk Analysis and Characterization
- Regulation of Chemicals
- PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1997
- A. Augustine, Y.H. Ma, N. Kazantzis. "High Pressure Pd-Membrane Reactor for the High-Temperature Water-Gas Shift Reaction," International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 36, pp. 5350-5360, 2011.
- R. Koc, N. Kazantzis, Y.H. Ma. "A Process Dynamic Modeling and Control Framework for Performance Assessment of Pd/Alloy-Based Membrane Reactors Used in Hydrogen Production," International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 36, pp. 4934-4951, 2011.
- N. Kazantzis. "A Model Reduction Method for Nonlinear Discrete-Time Skew-Product Dynamical Systems in the Presence of Model Uncertainty," Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 62, pp. 521-534, 2010.
- N. Kazantzis, V. Kazantzi. “A Toxicity Risk Assessment Method for Spill Incidents Involving Volatile Liquid Hydrocarbons and Aqueous Solutions in Enclosed Areas," Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, Vol. 23, pp. 719-726, 2010.
- M. E. Ayturk, N. Kazantzis, Y. H. Ma. "Modeling and Performance Assessment of Pd- and Pd/Au-based Catalytic Membrane Reactors for Hydrogen Production," Energy and Environmental Science, Vol. 2, pp. 430-438, 2009.
Labs and Centers
- Center for Inorganic Membrane Studies, WPI
- Hughes Hall and Electricity Policy Research Group, University of Cambridge, UK
- MKOC Process Safety Center, College Station, Texas
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Career Award.
- Associate Editor: IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Systems, and Control Letters, European Journal of Control, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, IEEE Control Systems - Conference Editorial Board.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Clean Development Mechanism.
- Working Group on Chemical Accidents, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Technical Committee: Nonlinear Control Systems, International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC) .