Interdisciplinary and Global Studies
Project Center, 214
- Director, Environmental and Sustainability Studies
- Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary & Global Studies Division
- Affiliated with:
- Co-Director, London Project Center
- Director, Worcester Community Project Center
Robert Krueger is the founding director of WPI's Environment and Sustainability Studies Program. He has been a Co-Principal Investigator on two U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) grants focused on environmental justice issues in Worcester. He serves as co-chair of the EPA’s Environmental Justice Working Group. He is also board president of the Regional Environmental Council. A broad, international audience recognizes Krueger’s scholarship on urban sustainability. He has published dozens of papers in prestigious internationally peer-reviewed journals. He is co-editor of The Sustainable Development Paradox, published by Guilford Press, New York and London.
Krueger spent the summer of 2011 in Luxembourg to assess the implementation of that country’s sustainable spatial planning policies. He sits of the editorial board of Local Environment: The international journal of justice and sustainability, Sustainability, and The Journal of Community Engagement. He serves on the executive committee of the Planning and Environment Research Group of the Royal Geographical Society.
- Urban Sustainability
- Policy Mobility
- Comparative Policy Analysis
- BS, Oklahoma State University, 1991
- MSL, Vermont Law School, 1992
- MA, Clark University, 1998
- PhD, Clark University, 2001
- Krueger, Rob, and David Gibbs. 2007. The Sustainable Development Paradox: Urban political economy in the US and Europe. New York, Guilford Press.
- Gibbs, David, and Rob Krueger. Forthcoming. Fractures in meta-narratives of development: An interpretive institutionalist account of land use development in the Boston city region. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research.
- Krueger, Rob, and David Gibbs. In Press. Changing Development Policy in Competitive Global City Regions: An Interpretive Institutionalist Account in the South East of England. Environment and Planning A.
- Krueger, Rob, and Lydia Savage. 2007. The Social Reproduction of Sustainable Development? Mediating neo-liberalism and redefining sustainability. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research. 31(1), pp. 315-333.
- Krueger, Rob, and Julian Agyeman. 2005. Sustainability Schizophrenia or Actually Existing Sustainabilities? The politics and promise of a sustainability agenda in the US. Geoforum 36: 410-417.
View a Complete List (.pdf, 383kb)
- (2011) Denise Nicoletti Board of Trustees' Award for Service to Community
- (2008) William Meinhofer Award for Faculty Excellence
- (2007) Romeo L. Moruzzi Young Faculty Award for Innovation in Education
- (2007) Alden Award for Excellence in Higher Education