Stratton Hall, 105B
- Professor, Mathematical Sciences
I am a mathematical biologist working in areas from molecules to population. I primarily teach undergraduate-level differential equations and applied mathematics classes. I also advise MQP in the area of mathematical biology.
- Mathematical Biology
- Population Genetics
- Cell Motility
- Theoretical Immunology
- BS, University of Minnesota, 1975
- PhD, University of Minnesota, 1981
- Stacked fronts for cooperative systems with equal diffusion coefficients. (with Masato Iida and Hirokazu Ninomiya) SIAM J. Math Analysis (2011) 43:1369-1389.
- Exploring the control circuit of cell migration by mathematical modeling. (with Javier Satulovsky and Yu-li Wang) Biophysical J. (2008) 94:3671-3683.
- Existence of global solutions for the Shigesada-Kawasaki-Teramoto model with strongly-coupled cross diffusion. (with Y. Choi and Yoshio Yamada) Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems (2004), 10, 719-730.
- Vapor leak detection for an underground storage tank system. (with Michael Pyzocha and Robert W. Thompson) J. of Environmental Engineering (2006) 132, 926-930.
- Biological growth and spread modeled by systems of recursions I. mathematical theory. Mathematical Biosciences (1989) 93, 269-295.
- CS 4032. NUMERICAL METHODS FOR LINEAR AND NONLINEAR SYSTEMS
- MA 1021. CALCULUS I
- MA 1022. CALCULUS II
- MA 2051. ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
- MA 2071. MATRICES AND LINEAR ALGEBRA I
- MA 2431. MATHEMATICAL MODELING WITH ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
- MA 3257. NUMERICAL METHODS FOR LINEAR AND NONLINEAR SYSTEMS
- MA 508. MATHEMATICAL MODELING