Civil and Environmental Engineering
Kaven Hall, 209A
- Instructor, Civil & Environmental Engineering
Having initially graduated from WPI with a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering in 1995, I returned to teach part-time and pursue graduate studies in 2007. While the intervening years as a professional planner provided me with a wide variety of experience assisting towns and regions with long-term planning goals, the teaching and project advising activities at WPI have been infinitely more rewarding. I teach classes in urban and environmental planning and advise undergraduate projects in those topics and others.
My research interests have been primarily focused on storm water management because I view that field as a satisfying combination of engineering and planning disciplines. In a broader context, I am also concerned with finding sustainable solutions to food, water, and energy management. They are inextricably related to each other and are all finite resources that we rely on for sustenance and well-being.
When I'm not at WPI, I keep busy at home with my family and friends: growing and cooking food; visiting the many waterside edges in New England; and pouring a lot of spiritual energy into writing, performing, and recording original music.
- Stormwater Management
- Planning for Sustainability
- BS, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1995
- MS, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 2010
- LePage, Suzanne & Rajib Mallick. “Environmental Mitigation in Transportation Projects,” Chapter 25 in Pavement Engineering: Principles and Practice, 2nd Ed. Taylor & Francis, awaiting publication.
- Hart, Frederick, Klaas Rodenburg, and Suzanne LePage. “The Stantec Project Center: An Off-Campus Capstone Design Experience,” Conference Proceedings, Capstone Design Conference, Boulder, CO, June 7-9 2010.
- LePage, Suzanne. “An Investigation into the Water Quality Impacts of a Green Roof,” Poster presentation at the 7th Annual Water Resources Research Conference, Amherst, MA. April 8, 2010. (second place award for poster)
- LePage, Suzanne. “An Investigation of the Hydrologic and Geochemical Processes Contributing to Green Roof Performance,” MS Thesis, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, May 2010.
- Silvestri, Chiara, Suzanne LePage, and Paul P. Mathisen. “Enhancing Instruction in Civil Engineering Courses with Use of Video-Streamed Tutorials,” Paper presented by S. LePage at the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Northeast Section Conference 2010. Boston, MA, May 8, 2010.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)