Interdisciplinary and Global Studies
Project Center, 210A
- Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary & Global Studies Division
- Affiliated with:
- Director, Cape Town Project Center
Scott Jiusto enjoys working with students as they take on open-ended, socially engaged projects, whether in Worcester or one of the many exciting WPI global project center locations. In recent years, Jiusto's research and teaching lives have been closely intertwined in Cape Town, South Africa, where he and students work on sustainable community development projects in "informal settlements" and other historically disadvantaged communities. "I love the excitement of learning and doing with local community members, project partners and students," he says.
- Community Development
- Undergraduate Experiential Learning
- BS, Empire State College, State University of New York, 1992
- MA, Albany, State University of New York, 1998
- PhD, Clark University Graduate School of Geography, 2004
- “Responding to homelessness: Squatting - Developing world,” International Encyclopedia of Housing and Home, Susan Smith (Ed.), Elsevier., Jiusto, S., and R. Hersh (2009).
- “Proper homes, toilets, water and jobs – a new approach to meeting the modest hopes of shackdwellers in Cape Town, South Africa,” proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sustainable Planning and Development. Editors C. A. Brebbia, M. Neophytou, E. Beriatos, I. Ioannou and G. Kungolos. Vol 2: 743-757. Southampton, UK, WIT Press, Jiusto, S., and S. McCauley (2010).
- “Assessing sustainability transition in the U.S. electrical power system,” Sustainability. (2010).
- “Comparing innovation of carbon-reducing energy options: A socio-technical analysis of carbon capture and storage and enhanced geothermal systems,” Energy Policy, Vol. 38, pages 2020–2031.
- 301421509009392, Jiusto, S. (2009). “Energy transformations and geographic research,” in A Companion to Environmental Geography, Editors Noel Castree, David Demeritt, Diana Liverman and Bruce Rhoads. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford. p. 533-551.
View a Complete List (.pdf, 176kb)