Skip to Additional Navigation
Arrival and Move in
Welcome to Campus
- International students should arrive on campus—and move in—on August 20. All international students should plan to attend the pre-orientation (August 21–23) and New Student Orientation (August 24-27). If the timing of your flights has you at WPI before August 20, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Move in day is on Sunday, August 24. We will be ready and waiting for you at 9 a.m. (no earlier, please). Members of WPI fraternities and sororities will be here to assist with unloading and carrying your items. Please label your belongings clearly with your name and room number. After moving in and registering, we will direct you to the day's activities and events.
- New Student Orientation (NSO) starts with Move-In Day on Sunday, August 24 and then orientation activities Monday , August 25 through Wednesday August 27. You will get to know your classmates and the campus, its history and traditions as well as informational sessions about your academic, social, and extracurricular life at WPI.
- Find out your WPI mailbox number by logging into the Web Information System (also known as BannerWeb) and selecting Personal Information. WPI Mail Services is located in the Campus Center, lower level. You will be assigned a mailbox for all four years so you can receive mail or packages on campus. Any packages mailed prior to the start of New Student Orientation can be picked up on Sunday, August 25. You must show your student ID. Mail and packages should be sent to:
YOUR NAME (as it appears on your WPI ID)
WPI Mailbox # (as assigned to you)
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
- Visit the bookstore website. The campus bookstore will have all of the books you need for your courses at WPI. You can purchase them online or wait until you arrive on campus. The bookstore is open weekdays during the summer.