By July 1
Registration will close at noon on July 1st. Be sure to sign up for classes before noon on that date!
Creating Your Academic Experience at WPI
- Take the math placement exam to ensure you are enrolled in the appropriate math course (more information about the math placement exam will be sent to you). Studies show that students who take the exam and follow the placement recommendation do better than students who don't take the exam or don't follow the recommendation - even the ones who opt for an earlier course in the sequence.
- Beginning May 19, you'll be able to begin course registration for A & B Terms using a special website, Designs, that will guide you through the course selection and registration process. Registration will be shut off on July 1 at noon. Be sure to select your courses by July 1 in order for the Office of Academic Advising to be able to review and confirm your course schedule.
- 3-D visualization skills are critical for success for many areas of science and engineering. To assess your skill level, take the optional 25 minute diagnostic test available through myWPI. Login (using your username and password for your WPI accounts). Then look under the My Community tab for Purdue Spatial Visualization Test. The test is available on the Content page. If you receive below a 70% on the exam, we recommend that you register for FY150X to improve your skills. This course meets 1 hour/week for two terms, has little homework and is worth 1/6 unit – and can be taken in addition to your other three courses in each term with no additional charge.
- Submit your health forms through Student Health Services secure online portal. Complete and submit health forms that include your medical history, immunization records, and physical examination record.
- Review more immigration information about how to get a visa to enter the United States. Most students apply for an F-1 student visa in their home countries. Please inform the WPI Office of Admissions of your visa type. Before you apply for an F-1 student visa, you must obtain an I-20 form from Admissions. Please allow several weeks to complete this visa application process.