Teamwork Tips & Tools
This section contains resources about group dynamics and team building, including resources that can be used in team assessment and evaluation.
- A Model of Stages of Group Development (Word Document), (pdf).
- A Manual for Team Building (Word Document), (pdf) provides useful information about the kinds of problems that may underlie difficult team dynamics and possible ways to solve them.
- Guidelines for Group Discussions (Word Document), (pdf).
- Guidelines for how students can give and receive feedback (Word Document), (pdf) to their partners can also be useful.
- Hint for Teamwork (Word Document) or (pdf) adapted from Felder, describes some of the key issues, resources for further information, and how team members can address potential problems.
Assignments can help students think about - and improve -- their team dynamics:
- Possible Teamwork Assignment 1 (Word Document), (pdf)
- Possible Teamwork Assignment 2 (Word Document), (pdf)
One useful kind of assignment is to have students evaluate themselves and their team members. Example evaluation exercises are available:
This approach challenges teams to develop their own formative and summative assessment strategies. By requiring students to discuss the assessments with each other before submitting them to the advisors, it attempts to transfer more responsibility for accountability and improvement to the team.
Teamwork and Teamwork Assessment (Word Document), (pdf).
Last modified: July 12, 2012 10:12:00