Incoming Exchange Students
• Fall 2012 (Terms A & B): May 15, 2013
• Spring 2013 (Terms C & D): October 7, 2013
The following checklist can be used as a guide for submitting a complete application. All applicants must provide the following items:
- Completed Application & Data Sheet
- Financial Statements
- Health Services Form
- Housing Request Form (if needed)
- Proof of Medical Insurance
Your application will be considered complete only after all application materials are submitted. Failure to follow through with completing any forms may result in your application being rejected.
Once you're in Studio Abroad, click on "Programs" at the top of the page. This will take you to a search screen. Choose "Incoming Programs" and search for your home institution by acronym:
- AARHUS University (AARHUS)
- Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane (AUI)
- Copenhagen University College of Engineering (IHK)
- Hochschule Konstanz Technik, Wirtschaft und Gestaltung (HTWG)
- Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften (ZHAW)
Type the acronym (i.e. HTWG) into the "Program Name" box and click search. When your program appears click on it and the program brochure will open.
Please review the information listed on the brochure and then click "Apply Now".
You will then be asked is you've received your log-in credentials already via e-mail. Please choose "no" and then submit. Please follow the prompts to create a user name and login for yourself.
Once you've set up your user name and password you'll need to visit your program's brochure page again and click the "Apply Now" button again.
Now that you've done that your applicant page will appear. Please complete the forms listed there. Check marks will appear next to each item as they are completed and/or received in our office.
Please use the "non-WPI login" option until you're given a WPI username and password. This will happen shortly before the semester begins.
Checklist for Application
- Complete all parts of application materials. Handwritten submissions will not be accepted.
- Visas – All WPI exchange students are required to obtain a J-1 student visa to study in the United States. Please complete the Application & Data Sheet. WPI will send you an IAP-66 form, which is required by the US embassy or consulate when you apply for your visa.
- Housing – On-campus housing is limited and cannot be guaranteed if housing requests are not received by the application deadline. Also, please keep in mind that linens (sheets, blankets, towels, etc.) are not provided.
- Medical information – The enclosed health form must be completed by your physician and returned to this office with your application. Massachusetts State Law sets the immunization requirements and WPI cannot permit students to register who have not met these requirements.
- Medical Insurance – All international students are required to furnish proof of medical insurance that is valid for the length of their stay in the United States. You must furnish a letter clearly stating this in English from your insurance carrier. Students who do not have proof of valid insurance are required to purchase a policy made available to WPI students.
- Course registration – The normal course load for undergraduates at WPI is three courses for each seven-week term. For up-to-date information on available courses, please go to the WPI Web Site maintained by the Registrar’s Office. You will be able to register for classes after you've been entered into WPI's student information system by the Registrar. You'll receive an e-mail from that office with instructions on how to access the online course registration system.