"Untitled" Film & Photo Collage Festival, 2013
"Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." - Miriam Beard
Did you complete your IQP, MQP, or HUA off-campus?
The Global Ambassador Taskforce and IGSD invite you to submit photos/collages or video documentaries that represent your personal or group challenges and growth experiences while off-campus -- whether here in the U.S. or abroad!
Are you a faculty member who's advised an off-campus project? We want your submissions too!
Here are the rules:
- Participants in the "Untitled" film and photo collage festival may work individually or in groups of 2-4.
- Participants' submission should respond to the Miriam Beard quote at the top of this page.
- Videos should be no more than 3 minutes long.
- Submission categories:
- Photo documentary (still photos with vocal narration)
- One photo with text (poems, haikus, short story/essay -- 250 words maximum)
- Photo collage with text (poems, haikus, short story/essay -- 250 words maximum)
- All submissions are due at 4 pm on Friday, April 12, 2013
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a USB drive directly to Leanne Johnson in IGSD (Project Center, 2nd Floor)
Photo documentary submissions:
All students interested in submitting photo documentaries are strongly encouraged to meet with Jacleen Becker and Jim Monaco in the ATC to consult on storytelling methods and video technology.
Sessions with Jacleen and Jim are scheduled for:
- Friday, March 15, 3 to 5 p.m. in the ATC, Fuller Labs, 2nd floor.
Contest & Prizes!
All student submissions will be judged by the WPI community via online voting. The following prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners. (Total prize value will be divided among team members if applicable):
|1st place||$150||$300||Barnes & Noble gift cards|
|2nd place||$50||$100||Dunkin Donuts gift cards|
|3rd place||$20||$20||Wooberry gift cards|
(Faculty submissions are not eligible for prizes.)