WPI Frontiers is offered to soon-to-be high school juniors and seniors only. Applications can be submitted online, and are due with supporting materials by April 30th. Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning March 1. Applicants are notified of the decision on their application about three weeks from the time the application becomes complete. Admitted students will receive priority placement in their program of choice based on space available at the time of acceptance. Applications submitted after the April 30th deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. If selected, every effort will be made to place you in your first-choice area of study or workshop. However, we will enroll you in your second or third choice if your first choice program has been filled.
- Completed Frontiers 2015 application with $50 application fee. Application available February 2015
- Recommendation from your mathematics teacher, science teacher, or guidance counselor.
- Official copy of your most recent high school transcript (including most recent report card) submitted by your guidance counselor.
- TOEFL or IELTs score for non-native English speakers (can be waived for for students who inquire and are in a US curriculum overseas).
Standardized test scores are not required. However, if you have taken standardized tests (PSATs, SATs, ACTs), feel free to send them with your application.
Strong consideration is given to students maintaining a “B” average or better in a rigorous academic program, and have taken or are on track to complete precalculus before graduating high school.
* Tuition for Frontiers session I or session II is $2,595
* Tuition for Frontiers sessions I and II is $4,495
Your tuition payment covers academic programming, room, board, and activities. Personal expenses vary, but should not exceed $100.
Please review the following information carefully to ensure that your application and all supporting materials are received on time for full consideration. Please note: Your application will not be reviewed until your application is complete with your letter of recommendation and transcript(s). Late applications will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
- Complete and submit your application online.
- Submit the $50 application fee by filling out the credit card authorization when you apply or pay by check, and forward to the WPI Frontiers Program. Please include first and last name of the program participant on the check!
- Print the recommendation form and have your math teacher, science teacher (computer science is acceptable), or guidance counselor forward it to the WPI Frontiers Program.
- Arrange to have your high school forward an official transcript of your courses and grades (including your most recent report card) directly to the WPI Frontiers Program.
- The application and supporting materials are due April 30, 2015.
All application support materials should be sent to:
WPI Frontiers Program
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Please be sure to include applicant name and birthdate on checks and all supporting materials.
2015 Tuition Assistance
Frontiers offers a limited number of partial tuition assistance scholarships that are awarded based on a family’s demonstrated financial need, a student’s academic achievement and promise, and the availability of funds. We operate independently of WPI’s Office of Financial Aid.
We cannot guarantee that all eligible applicants will receive aid, even if they applied well before the tuition assistance application deadline of April 30, 2015. You’ll be considered for tuition assistance only after we have received all of your completed admissions and tuition assistance materials and if you’ve been accepted into the program. To apply for Tuition Assistance, please complete this application.
2015 Scholarship Opportunities
WISE Scholarship for Camp Reach and Reaching High participants: WPI is proud to offer twelve $500 Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Scholarships to outstanding young women enrolling in the 2015 Frontiers Program this summer. This scholarship will be offered to a select group of participants of the Camp Reach program only who will be juniors or seniors in high school this fall. Download the application (PDF).
FIRST Dean’s List: The FIRST Robotics Dean’s List Winners are offered the opportunity to attend either session I or session II of Frontiers. The scholarship will cover the full tuition of either session for the 2015 Frontiers Program. For those students who are unable to take advantage of the summer offer, $2,000 would be applied towards the tuition for undergraduate enrollment of the Fall of 2016. The scholarship will be available to any Dean’s List Winner. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
"Launched" Frontiers Scholarship for Launch participants: WPI is proud to offer five $500 "Launched" Frontiers Scholarships for the 2015 Frontiers Program. This scholarship is available only for students who participated in the WPI Launch Program, and who will be juniors or seniors in high school this fall. Download the application (PDF).