Our facilities are designed with you in mind; we offer inviting and attractive spaces to support your research, study, and collaboration needs.
Computers for general use are located throughout the library. Additionally, we offer the following computer access opportunities:
- A PC lab on the ground floor and Multimedia Lab on the first floor.
- The Anderson Instruction Labs: computer training labs available to staff and students for library instruction and software training. More on campus computer labs.
- Wireless computer network access available in the building for personal laptops and those loaned from the Helpdesk. Contact the Helpdesk to check one out or to set up your wireless access.
Quiet study spaces are available throughout the library. Users may retreat from the dynamic interactions occurring elsewhere in the library to areas designated for quiet:
- Individual study carrels on the first and third floors.
- Cubicles on the third floor intended for quiet group interaction.
- An inviting reading area, located on the first floor, offering users a quiet and comfortable place to read and relax.
More interactive collaborative spaces are available as well. We invite users to exchanges ideas and share information in several unique communal settings:
- The Information Commons on the second floor for groups or individuals seeking a comfortable place for study and collaboration. It is conveniently located next to the Helpdesk and the Class of 1970 Café.
- Private Tech Suites available to reserve throughout the building offering the perfect technology-enabled place for group meetings. WPI faculty, staff, and students may request a reservation for a suite in person at the Information Desk, or by contacting a staff member at +1-508-831-5410. Reservations may also be made through the MS Outlook calendar.
- Group study areas located on the ground and third floors.
- The Flexible Learning and Instruction Place (FLIP) on the third floor is equipped with moveable tables, rolling whiteboards, and Ethernet cables for flexible study spaces.
Service and information centers are conveniently located on the second floor of the building in the Information Commons:
- The library Information Desk is located just inside the main entrance.
- The Helpdesk assists users with their technology needs and issues.
- The Academic Technology Center's Technology for Teaching and Learning (TTL) supports faculty and students in the area of technology.
The Print Center, located next to the Information Commons offers printing, scanning, and photocopying:
- Copiers and printers require a WPI ID or a copy card for payment.
- For details on equipment and fees, see also Equipment: Printing, Scanning, & Photocopying and Audio/Visual Equipment.
The Class of 1970 Library Café, adjacent to the Information Commons, provides an attractive place to enjoy light refreshments and the company of friends.
Our four floors are easily accessible by all users.
- All floors are accessible by stairs and elevator.
- Restrooms are located on all floors; a handicapped accessible restroom is located on the ground floor.