About Our Tech Suites
Our Tech Suites are the perfect place for group collaboration; supported by the latest technology, they create an environment conducive to productive interaction and the exchange of ideas. These private work areas offer a wonderful opportunity for users to consult in small groups, meet with advisors, work together on group projects, and engage in research consultations. You are invited to reserve one by telephone, online, or in-person.
How to Reserve a Tech Suite
You may request a reservation for a Tech Suite in person at the Tech Suite Reservation Station, located at the end of the Information Desk, during library hours or by contacting the Tech Suites hotline at +1-508-831-5094.
Reservations may be also be made through the MS Outlook calendar. You will need to invite the room you'd like to reserve as indicated below. Click on the video below to learn more.
Reserving Tech Suites
Gordon Library WPI, using Outlook Web App to reserve a Tech Suite. For WPI students, faculty and staff only.
Equipment Available in our Tech Suites
Our 11 Tech Suites are designed to comfortably support your needs. They can accommodate groups of
up to 8 and come equipped with the following standard technology:
- 50" plasma display
- Dedicated networked PC
- Two additional network ports as well as wireless coverage for the entire room
- Whiteboard with markers and eraser
- Telephone connection
- Please Note:
- These phones can only call on-campus extensions.
- For outside calls to reach Tech Suite phones, call +1-508-831-5410 and Information Desk staff will transfer the call.
- Please Note:
Additional equipment may be checked out separately for up to three hours at the Information Desk:
- Network cables ($15 replacement charge each)
- HDMI cables ($40 replacement charge each)
- Webcam and microphone
- Conference phone
To report technical problems, please contact the Technology Helpdesk at x5888. Please also let library staff know of any problems so that we can alert other Tech Suite users.
Information on Individual Tech Suites
|Tech Suite||Location||Features||Phone extension||Invite Tech Suite as a room through Outlook|
|111||First floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2062||Library Tech Suite 111|
|111A||First floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2061||Library Tech Suite 111A|
|112||First floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2063||Library Tech Suite 112|
|112A||First floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2064||Library Tech Suite 112A|
|120||First floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2055||Library Tech Suite 120|
|121||First floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2701||Library Tech Suite 121|
|206A||Second (main) floor||Shared room with 206B;Standard technology||2133||N/A, Express Tech Suite|
|206B||Second (main) floor||Shared room with 206A;Standard technology||N/A, Express Tech Suite|
|212||Second (main) floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2407||Library Tech Suite 212|
|217||Second (main) floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2444||Library Tech Suite 217|
|316||Third floor||Standard room;Standard technology||2066||Library Tech Suite 316|
Policies and Procedures
Only WPI faculty, staff, and students may reserve and occupy these suites for activities of an academic nature.
- The suites are intended for use by groups of two or more - not as individual private study spaces.
- Each suite may be reserved for up to three hours per group, a limit which will be strictly enforced. Longer periods of time will be permitted only on an as-available basis. Exceptions are the Express Tech Suites which may only be reserved for one hour in person at the Tech Suite Reservation Station.
- Overdue fines on room retained beyond time reserved: $1 a minute.
- The reservation for a Tech Suite may be deleted if not retrieved within 10 minutes of the scheduled time.
- Use of the suites is available during the Library's normal business hours. To allow Library staff sufficient time to secure the building, this room will close 30 minutes before the rest of the building.
- The door must remain closed and the room locked when not in use.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the room at any time.
- Users must retrieve a key from the Tech Suite Reservation Station to access the reserved suite and return the key when finished with the room.
- You will need your WPI ID to check out the key for the Tech Suite you have reserved.
- The person responsible for the key is also financially responsible for any damage to the room or equipment ($50 fee for the replacement key and an additional fee for the lock replacement).
- Keys may NOT be taken out of the building.
- All group members must leave the room at the end of the reserved time.
For additional information on reserving or using any one of our Tech Suites, visit us at the Tech Suite Reservation Station or call us at +1-508-831-5094.