Borrow from Local Libraries
Academic and Research Collaborative (ARC)
ARC direct borrowing cards
The Academic and Research Collaborative (ARC), allows member users to borrow directly from area libraries. Before they will be allowed to borrow materials directly from the participating libraries, WPI faculty, staff, and students must obtain a new ARC card in person at the Gordon Library's Information Desk.
Libraries where you can use your ARC card
Several college and university libraries in the central Massachusetts area have agreed to mutually share their libraries' resources. Each of these libraries will grant borrowing privileges to students, faculty and staff of other participating colleges/universities as long as they have obtained an ARC card from their home libraries. For Worcester Public Library, WPI faculty, staff, and students with a valid ARC card and photo ID may apply for a library card.
The WPI Gordon Library has ARC direct borrowing agreements with these libraries:
- Every faculty, staff, and student must have a current, valid ID from WPI as well as the ARC Card to borrow from the above libraries. You will be asked for both your WPI ID and your ARC card when you visit a participating library. ARC cards will be valid for one year.
- The use of these libraries is a privilege, and the cooperating libraries have established procedures to ensure fairness and encourage patron responsibility.
- ARC cardholders need to remember that the rules of the "lending" library apply when they borrow library materials from another institution. These rules may be different from the Gordon Library policies. If you are unsure about any of the borrowing guidelines, be sure to ask the lending library about its policies.
- Anyone who abuses these borrowing privileges will have them revoked, and they are subject to appropriate action that might be taken by the Gordon Library.
- See borrowing policies for more information.