The Industrial Microwave Modeling Group - Objectives
Despite overwhelming technological progress, many microwave processes/systems are still developed on the basis of extensive experimentation. This usually requires utilization of substantial resources and makes an unavoidable impact on the cost of the final products.
Practical techniques of mathematical modeling and optimization may be of enormous help in improving this situation, but, overall, they remain poorly involved in routine use in the industrial environment.
The Group works towards:
- moving communications between microwave industries and modeling-specialized academic institutions on a higher level, and
- making modeling more usable to reduce the cost of production and improve equipment characteristics.
- helps industry realize the benefits of suitable/applicable computational opportunities,
- encourages microwave businesses to formulate their demands on corresponding CAD tools, and
- assists in creative/inventive use of available modeling/optimization tools in applied R&D and practical design.
Last modified: Nov 21, 2010, 12:31 EST