The Industrial Microwave Modeling Group
IMMG as a Division of CIMS
WPI's Center for Industrial Mathematics and Statistics brings together academic research with actual problems facing today's industry.
CIMS' (and hence IMMG's) activities are aiming at:
- enhancing the technological competitiveness of its industrial partners,
- enriching the expertise of the faculty and the value of the students' education.
The Industrial Microwave Modeling Group (IMMG) is concerned with outstanding issues in microwave engineering (including its non-communication domain). In its works, the Group relies on state-of-the-art mathematical modeling, scientific computations, and optimization applied to:
- Multiphysics processes and complex systems of microwave power engineering,
- Broadband/multiband antennas and radiating systems, and
- Nondestructive evaluation and testing of materials.
More on the IMMG
The IMMG activities offer a variety of educational opportunities for students who might join the microwave industry after graduation and bring to it their professional experience in modeling and computation.
On the other hand, industrialists working in the field of microwave engineering may benefit from the IMMG unique expertise, international seminars and variety of educational opportunities.
Professor Vadim Yakovlev
Mathematical Sciences Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Last modified: Nov 24, 2010, 01:43 EST