In the past years, faculty and students in the Department of Mathematical Sciences have worked with companies on a wide variety of projects at the graduate and undergraduate level. Project teams have:
- Analyzed air flow in cooling systems for high-speed rolling mills.
- Developed a fast run-time fractal cloud model for atmospheric fluid flow.
- Determined optimal generation schedules for large electric utilities over long time periods incorporating realistic constraints.
- Analyzed an optimal shape design problem for a metal processing operation.
- Designed and conducted statistically sound experiments to improve production quality for electronic components and cosmetic products.
- Organized and explored large data sets to identify patterns in fluctuating demand processes.
- Analyzed and optimized health service units to improve patient care and satisfaction.
- Developed strategies to improve decision making in casualty insurance.
For a complete list of projects visit the links below:
|WPI Student Projects||REU Projects|
Last modified: Jun 20, 2010, 09:03 EDT