Configuring TeXnicCenter on first run
1. The first time that you start TeXnicCenter, a "Tip of the day" box will pop up. Just close it.
2. Next you will see the Configuration Wizard.
3. Click on the "Next" button.
4. Now you need to tell TeXnicCenter the path to your MiKTeX installation, for example (your path may vary depending on OS Version) C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin into the text entry field.
5. Click "Next" and you will see that TeXnicCenter has been configured.
6. Click "Finished" and you should be all set.